The UFO’s are using Art Dye park for flying and American Fork City does not currently have any issues with us using the park. Obeying these rules will help ensure we are able to fly here in the future. Breaking these rules may be reported by local residents and that’s all it would take to loose this paradise.
ART DYE PARK: GUIDELINES FOR SAFETY AND OPERATIONS
1. You must call out your channel and check that both flight lines are clear for your channel prior to flying. If someone has already called and cleared a channel & is flying and you turn on your transmitter or receiver you will be responsible for damage. This payment is to be generous enough to replace damaged parts and time to replace. Avoid this by calling out channel prior to turning on TX or RX.
2. There are 2 flight lines. One is for hand launched planes & one is for planes with landing gear. Please do not fly in both areas on same flight.
3. If you want to fly over asphalt but don’t want to launch & land over asphalt you may do so, but must immediately fly over asphalt for entire flight until landing.
4. During combat sessions any aircraft flying in grass area is a target. Damage done to planes during combat is your own fault. Do not fly combat planes over asphalt unless fling a non combat flight.
5. If you are flying a plane with landing gear but want to fly over grass but don’t want to launch & land over grass you may do so, but must immediately fly over grass for entire flight until landing.
6. Deliberate flying behind the flight line & from flight line to flight line is prohibited.
7. It is strongly recommended that members do not fly alone.
8. Children are NOT permitted around any aircraft unless under the direct
supervision of an adult. Please understand the considerable time & money invested by others in the aircraft.
9. Helicopter flights are allowed in the grass areas only.
10. No aircraft over 40 oz. or 40" wingspan may be flown over asphalt without a spotter, flying these planes over grass without a spotter is allowed.
11. No flying over ball fields when they are in use. No flying over any other people not involved with flying at any time. No flying when other organized activities are occurring in the park, ie soccer, t-ball etc. Flying will always be discontinued if the activities occur.
12. A range check must be performed before every maiden flight.
13. Your name & phone number should be included somewhere on your aircraft.
FLYING SITE OPERATIONAL RULES
1. NO power source other than electric is allowed. No gas or alcohol powered aircraft are allowed.
2. Pilots shall make appropriate announcement when taking off, landing, or emergency situations.
3. Compliance to these safety rules is the responsibility of each participant.
4. DON’T FLY ALONE!
5. The closest ER in case of accident is AF Hospital 170 North 1100 East. Go East on 700 North past temple until 1100 East. Turn right or South on 1100 East and hospital will be down the hill past 4 way stop on the left.
6. Alcohol consumption & smoking is NOT allowed in the park.